- Soil type : Clay and Limestone on lagoon bed with salt content.
- Age of the vine : 21-31 year-old
- Pruning : Cordon de Royat and simple Guyot.
- Harvest : Mechanical harvest at night at full maturity.
- Average yield : 52 hl/ha
- Density of planting : 4 000 plants/ha
- Elevation : 100 m
- Climate : Mediterranean with continental and oceanic influences
Destemming of the grapes. Cool maceration at 8°C for few hours. Fermentation starts on the second day at 28°C maxi during 5 to 6 days. After fermentation, maceration lasts for 10 days at 20/ 25°C with daily pumping over at the beginning of the maceration. After maceration, the wine is very softly pressed with pneumatic press. The first pressings have been re-blended with the free run wine. Before malolactic fermentation 45% of the wine is put in 225 litre oak barrels. We use 70% French Oak barrels (new, 1st and 2nd use) and 30% American oak barrel (1st and 2nd use). The wine is then blended with the stainless steel fermented wine before ageing during 6 months in barrel.
There are no reviews yet.